I took this week off since the kids are having their winter break and I’m sick with flu, my throat feels like someone used a cheese grater on it and I have temperature rising. So I haven’t done anything I was going to do and instead I’ve been reading fanfics, doing art decos and watching tv and knitting. (I’m knitting the cardi’s first sleeve third time since the pattern instruction was weird to say the least and I had to finally just do it after my own head.)
Last week middlest son had the traditional high school ending celebrations known as penkkarit (”benching”). The name comes from earlier days, my dad told us that when he had his penkkarit, the younger students carried them out from school on the study tables. Nowadays the students have a carnival-type lorry ride in the city centre (it was awesome! One of the best school days ever!) and they throw candy to onlookers. It’s so much fun for everyone!
I and hubby took a few hours off from work, had a lunch together and then walked to the Old church park where it’s easy to see the lorries and kids. These days kids dress up as different characters, there was i.e. Money heist, Moomins and others. On my days we had just warm overalls meant for ice-fishing in the wintertime 😛 The lorries are also covered with sheets indicating which school it’s from, the students have done the artwork themselves.
On another thing, my two cents about The Stranger. I had some issues with it and I had to watch it twice to be sure they weren’t addressed. This is just my opinion; I really liked the actors but the plot was a bit meh. I must have read too many detective stories as it is. A list of the things that really bothered me under the cut.
- The alpaca and Mike. The bite mark on the alpaca’s leg was never brought up later. Also why there was no mention of Mike getting any kind of punishment?
- Why nobody missed Heidi (awesome Jennifer Saunders) earlier? Was the cafe closed next day and why, a public holiday? And why kill Heidi in the first place, such useless death.
- Why mr. and mrs. Powers were introduced on ep. 6 and not before? I was like ’who are these people?’
- Corinne’s earring was closed when found in the car but her ear was whole when Adam found her. Who had left the earring in the car?
- The blonde hacker girl Ingrid was just a filling imo, Chris would have been quite fine by herself.
- Why Adam lied to the boys? This was for me the hardest part to understand.
I really liked the Price boys, awesome acting from both Jacob Dudman and Misha Handley.